Table of Contents
- 1 KNEC Portal Technical Examination
- 2 Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET) Courses
- 3 Kenya National Examination Council online registration 2019 guide
- 4 How to access the system for KNEC Examiners Online Registration
- 5 KNEC Website – www.knec.ac.ke
- 6 KNEC Portal – www.knec.ac.ke
- 7 KNEC KCPE Registration – www.knec-registration.ac.ke/KCPE
- 8 KNEC KCSE Registration – www.knec-registration.ac.ke/KCSE
- 9 How can I check my KNEC result
- 10 Does KNEC replace lost certificates
- 11 How can I check my KCPE Results Online?
- 12 KNEC Contacts
- 13 KNEC Website – www.knec.ac.ke
- 14 KNEC Contacts – Other KNEC Offices
The Kenya National Examinations Council was established in 1980 as a specialized institution to conduct school and post-school examinations, except university ones. It performs the administration of primary, secondary and tertiary examination on behalf of the Government. Together with Directorate of Quality Assurance and Standards and the Kenya Institute of Education, Kenya National Examinations Council coordinates curriculum development and national assessment of learning achievements.
It also tests runs draft curricula and carries out equivalence procedures of certiﬁcates and diplomas issued by other examining bodies. KNEC also registers candidates, administers and processes examinations. It is also in charge of research in examinations and curriculum as Well as assessing certificates from other examining boards.
To achieve its objectives, KNEC develops, moderates and proof-reads, prints, distributes, administers, marks and processes examinations. KNEC confirms examination results and replaces lost certiﬁcates.
KNEC Portal – KNEC awards certiﬁcates in the following examinations;
- Kenya Certiﬁcate of Primary Education (KCPE)
- Kenya Certiﬁcate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Primary Teachers Education (PTE)
- Teacher Certiﬁcate in Adult Education (TCAE)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE)
- Business Education Single and Group Subjects Examinations (Certiﬁcate)
- Business Management Courses (Certiﬁcate and Diploma)
- Technical Education (Certificate, Diploma and Higher National Diploma)
KNEC Website – KNEC also administers examinations on behalf of foreign examination boards:
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
- The Association of Business Managers and Administrators (ABMA)
- Association of Business Executives (ABE)
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Edexcel International (GCE/IGCSE examinations)
- Institute for the Management of Information Systems (IMIS)
- Institute of Actuaries (IA)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- Institute of Financial Accountants
- International Association of Bookkeepers (IFA/IAB)
KNEC Portal Technical Examination
The Business and Technical Examinations are categorized under Post School Examinations. These are professional examinations offered to candidates who have completed primary and/or secondary school education. The examinations are offered twice a year during the months of July and November. All courses are offered in both series.
Categories of examinations in Business Technical Examinations.
- i) Single and Group – this is an examination where candidates can sit for single papers and obtain a certificate. After completion of the course, the certificates are combined into three levels of elementary, intermediate and advanced. With the advanced certificate, candidates can proceed to Higher Diploma or Degree level of education.
- ii) Artisan- these level places emphasis on acquisition/mastery of practical skills. Candidates are awarded after passing practical examinations. The levels are:
- Certificate courses
- Diploma courses
- Higher Diploma courses
Those who successfully complete any of the above courses can proceed to the next stage or join the job market. Holders of Diploma certificates can proceed to pursue Degree courses.
More information on Business and Technical examinations can be found in the Regulations for the TIVET craft and diploma Business/Technical Examinations.
Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET) Courses
The following levels of Technical Education Examinations are offered by the KNEC:-
i) Artisan Certificate Examinations;
ii) Craft Certificate Examinations;
iii) Diploma Certificate Examinations;
iv) Higher Diploma Certificate Examinations.
Candidates can sit these examinations under the Modular and Non- Modular curriculum. In modular curriculum, the Craft certificate examinations have two modules; I and module II, Diploma level has three modules; module I, module II and module III and Higher Diploma level has two modules; module I and module II.
Candidates must take all the examinations papers of the module at one sitting except for the referred candidates.
Kenya National Examination Council online registration 2019 guide
Steps to KNEC online registration for the year 2019
- Open the official KNEC site http://www.knecregistration.ac.ke/kcpe/REGISTRATION/Login.aspx
- For the registration of the candidate download the application form
- . To create the registration file successfully you need to fill the details of the candidates.
Now you can log in to the official KNEC website https://kenyanlife.com/kcse-exam-results/ and do the following–
- Registration file has to be uploaded first.
- Next, fill up the ‘Enter new candidate’.
- Edit this option, ‘Edit existing candidates’.
- Fill in the school details here, ‘Edit school details’.
- Generate the nominal roll and print it out.
- Generate the school invoice and print it.
NB: It is important for the school administrators to know that the application is available only until the last day of the period of the registration process.
How to access the system for KNEC Examiners Online Registration
In order to get the password, forward an SMS to 22262 along with the particular format KCPE#centrecode, an example will be KCPE#12345678, after this, you will be receiving an eight-digit number which is going to be your password in order to log in
Now that you have a username and a password, enter each of them properly.
Click the ‘Login’ button.
As soon as you are successfully logged in to the KNEC examiners portal, you will be asked to change your password. This step has been undertaken just to ensure that only authorized users can get access to your registration process. There will be a form appearing below that will let you change the password.
KNEC Website – www.knec.ac.ke
The official Kenya National Examination Council KNEC website is http://www.knec.ac.ke/. To visit the website click on this link: http://www.knec.ac.ke/
KNEC Portal – www.knec.ac.ke
KNEC KCPE Registration – www.knec-registration.ac.ke/KCPE
KNEC KCSE Registration – www.knec-registration.ac.ke/KCSE
How can I check my KNEC result
Here’s how to check the just-released KNEC KCSE results. Send an SMS with your index number to 22252 or check on the KNEC website in the field that requires you to insert your index number. Candidates should visit their examination centers for their official results slip.
Does KNEC replace lost certificates
No certificates replacement, for now, says Knec cites ‘hurdles’ The Kenya National Examinations Council has temporarily stopped replacement of lost, burnt and defaced certificates
How can I check my KCPE Results Online?
To check the results for KCPE 2018 online, go to the K.N.E.C website http://www.knec.ac.ke/ and enter your Index number. To check your KCPE (class of 2018) results by SMS send an SMS with your Index Number to 22252 from Safaricom, Airtel or Orange
All correspondence to the Kenya National Examination Council should be addressed to,
Council Secretary / Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box: 73598 00200,
National Housing Corporation (NHC) House,
Aga Khan Walk,
Tel:+254 020 317412 /317413 / 317419 / 317427 / 341027
341050 / 341071 / 341098 / 341113 / 2213381
Fax: +254-020- 2226032
KNEC Website – www.knec.ac.ke
The Official KNEC Website is: http://www.knec.ac.ke/
KNEC Contacts – Other KNEC Offices
KNEC Contacts – National Bank Building,
Tel:+254 – 020 246919 / 020-247204
Extelecoms House,3rd floor
Haile Selassie Avenue,
Tel: +254 -020 2211545/6/7
KNEC Contacts – Mitihani House
Dennis Pritt Road,
Tel:+254 – 020 2713874 / 020-2713894 / 020-2713845; 020-2715980 / 020-2711536
KNEC Contacts – Industrial Area Offices,
Ministry of Public Works, Supplies Branch,
Tel:+254 – 020 650821 / 020-650822
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
2. Diabetes Treatment
4. Breast Cancer
5. Blood Pressure
6. Heart Attack
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.