KUCCPS Online Application and Registration for Degree and Diploma Courses 2019/2020
KUCCPS Application for the 2019/2020 Placement to Universities and Colleges
The online application portal is now open for the 2019/2020 placement to institutions of higher learning.
KUCCPS Application Guidelines
- To apply, log in to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programs have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programs and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by an institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programs, you may move the ones that interest you in the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
KUCCPS Application: How to Pay
- Go to your Lipa Na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
KUCCPS Student Portal 2019/2020: KUCCPS Application Portal – students.kuccps.net
You can visit and Access the KUCCPS Student Portal, KUCCPS Principal Portal, KUCCPS Institution Portal, KUCCPS kuccps.net using a computer or mobile via the following link:
KUCCPS Online Application Guide – Useful Links
The following guiding information is available and downloadable from the KUCCPS website.
- Principal’s Manual
- Degree Programmes Cutoffs
- Diploma Programme Codes
- Craft Programme Codes
- Artisan Programmes Codes
- Degree Cluster Document
- Counties, Districts and Postal Codes
- Diploma Requirements and Programmes
More information may be obtained by:
- Email: email@example.com
- calling customer care lines 0723 954 927 / 0734 879 662.
KUCCPS Huduma Poster
KUCCPS Online Application Procedure
1. KUCCPS Online Application and Registration for Degree and Diploma Courses
This module will be used by individual applicants for application of program choices between Monday, April 20, 2015, at 0000 hrs. and Saturday, Monday, May 4, 0000hrs. The procedure is as outlined below;
1.1. KUCCPS Applicant Eligibility For a candidate to be eligible to apply for a placement, the following conditions will apply:
- A Kenyan Citizen governed by Chapter III of the Constitution of Kenya and the Kenya Citizenship Act Cap 172 of 2011
- The application will only be eligible for the 2014 KCSE candidates. Candidates of the year(s) preceding 2014 with a minimum grade of C- and above are also eligible for diploma courses.
- The minimum placement requirement to apply for bachelor’s degree will be grade B (60 points) for male candidates and grade B- (58 Points) for Female candidates while the minimum admission requirement to apply for a diploma will be C-
- The minimum placement requirement to apply for a bachelor’s degree for candidates who schooled for both their Primary and Secondary education in counties classified as marginalized areas by CRA 2012 policy is B- of 55 points for both male and female candidates.
- Candidates with disabilities are eligible to apply for the bachelor’s degree program if they meet the following criteria;
- Candidates with a mean grade of C+ and above and have visual or hearing impairment.
- Candidates with physical impairment with at least B- of 57 Points.
1.2. KUCCPS Applicant Choices;
- Candidates with an overall grade of grade B (60 points) for male candidates and grade B- (58 Points) for Female candidates will be allowed to make a total of 6 choices for either degree or diploma programs.
- Candidates with an overall grade of C- and above but below grade B of 60 points for male and grade B- of 58 Points for Female will be allowed to make a maximum of 6 choices from diploma programs.
- Choices 1(a), 1(b) and 1(c) must be similar programs while Choices 2, 3 and, 4 can be any other programs.
Candidates with disabilities will download and fill the Disability application form and return the duly filled form to the Placement Service.
1.3. KUCCPS Online Application Requirements;
All applicants will require the following as contained in the 2013 K.C.S.E examination Registration Information;
- KCSE Index No,
- KCPE Index No,
- Birth Certificate Number and in addition,
- Enough money in your Mpesa to pay for revision.
The revision charge is Ksh. 1,000 for those candidates who had applied in School and Ksh. 1,500 for those who had not applied in school.
Amina Launches 2019 KUCCPS Application / Revision of Courses.
The scramble for prestigious courses and institutions has kicked off, with 90,744 students who attained a mean grade of C+ and above in last year’s KCSE exams starting to select programs they wish to study.
This means that more than 70 universities with a capacity of 110,000 will have to tap into diploma students in order to fill space available for degree programs.
On Wednesday, Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed said 651,189 candidates qualified for placement in tertiary institutions at various levels under government sponsorship and have until February 23 to submit their applications.
Some of the most desirable institutions by students are the University of Nairobi, Moi University, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology and Kenyatta University, while the most sought programs include engineering, pharmacy, law, computer science, and architecture.
KUCCPS Application 2019/2020: HELB
Speaking during the launch of course revision in Nairobi, Ms. Mohamed further said the 121,288 students who scored between C-plain and C-minus in the 2018 KCSE examination are all eligible for placement in diploma courses at TVET institutions under the government sponsorship programme.
“In addition, 244,436 who scored D and D+ in the 2018 KCSE are eligible for placement in craft certificate courses in TVET institutions,” Ms Mohamed said. She went on: “To guarantee that, we will not drop any candidate who sat the 2018 KCSE, all 194,721 who scored between E and D-minus in the examination are eligible for selection to artisan courses in the existing 800 Vocational Education and Training (VET) institutions.”
Ms Mohamed announced that the government had enhanced higher education financing by allocating Sh13.5 billion to the Higher Education Loans Board (Helb) to support learners this financial year. “Currently, Helb is funding students in 74 universities and 130 TVET institutions. The government is looking for resources for enhanced enrolment into TVET institutions across the country. “I, therefore, encourage more KCSE graduates to apply for admission to approved Ministry of Education TVET institutions,” she said.
KUCCPS Application 2019/2020: Merit
She added that the ministry is determined to enhance enrolment into science courses as part of efforts to build capacity to deliver the Big Four agenda. “Further, the TVET courses will produce the competencies needed to transform our country into a newly industrialized, middle-income economy.” She urged those who did not complete applications in school to also use the opportunity to apply.
Ms Mohamed said after the revision, the placement service (KUCCPS) will process the applications on merit, taking into account the students’ performance in the KCSE exam, choices, available capacity and affirmative action for gender, the disabled and candidates from marginalized regions.
KUCCPS will send officers to various institutions in counties from February 11 to 17 to assist learners in making their applications. “The process will culminate in the final selection of students for admission to universities and TVET institutions, which will be concluded by April 12. “Selection to universities will cater only for the KCSE candidates while placement to TVET institutions will take care of other previous years up to the year 2000,” the Cabinet secretary said.
KUCCPS Application 2019/2020: Intake
She added that a one-month window period will be provided in May for the selected students to apply for inter-institutional transfers. This will be the largest intake in three years for universities. In 2017, 70,073 scored C+ and above while 88,929 students made the cut in 2016.
Last year, JKUAT, with a capacity of 5,868 students, received 4,866 while 4,540 students joined the UoN. In private universities, Mount Kenya University received the highest number in the category, 2,247 students against its capacity of 4,995, while Kabarak, received 2,181.
News & Events
End of the First Revision of Choices for the 2019/2020 Placement to Universities and Colleges
The First Revision/online application for 2019/2020 placement has ended. Applicants are advised to monitor this website and the official Placement Service social media platforms for updates. Do not worry if you missed out. The Second Revision is coming up soon.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.